MetaGeek is a 15-year-old startup, and we’ve worked hard to keep it that way. We celebrate entrepreneurship and curiosity. We make hard things easy by empowering our customers to take control. We build software that reveals
the simplicity hidden within the complex, educates and delights our customers.
We are a company of techies. We get excited about the latest iPhone, Android, Raspberry Pi, and Wi-Fi Crockpot.
We shut the entire company down for Wi-Fi training. Most of the company has at least one certification related to
Wi-Fi (CWTS, CWNA, or CWAP); not just the engineers and salespeople either… our CEO is a CWNA.
We are looking for a Frontend Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Opportunistically refactor and Don’t Repeat Yourself (DRY)
- Facilitate peer review of your commits and contribute to peer reviews of colleagues
- Maintain and Improve Engineering Best Practices
- Keep documentation of preferred tools, coding standards and other best practices up to date
Skills And Qualifications
At MetaGeek we care more about your future performance than your history. Having said that, for you to be
awesome as a Software Developer here, your qualifications probably look something like this:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, related field
- 2 or more years experience
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of Vue.Js
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an
image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / Mercurial / SVN
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that applications will adhere to them.
- Experience using CSS Frameworks such as Bootstrap or Tailwind CSS
For more information about what it's like to work at MetaGeek, visit our Jobs page.